How and why are immigrants excluded?
I use experiments and quantitative analysis to examine discrimination in the labour and housing market, attitudes to foreigners, and political reactions in policies and political debates: how potential conflicts over exclusion become politicized.
Winner of the SNIS International Geneva Award 2010.
Positions and education
- University of Neuchâtel: Senior lecturer (maître d’enseignement et de recherche, since 2019); Lecturer (chargé d’enseignement, 2014-2019); Senior research associate (chef de projet, since 2012)
- University of the Witwatersrand: Research associate (2018-2024); Visiting research fellow (2015-2018)
- University of Kentucky: Visiting scholar (2015)
- University of Vienna: Visiting fellow (2012)
- University of Neuchâtel: Postdoctoral researcher (2009-2012)
- University of Oxford: DPhil Sociology (2009), MSc Sociology (with Distinction, 2005)
- Open University: BSc (Hons) Social Sciences (First Class, 2004).