LiveCode: The package appears to be corrupt on Android

I’ve spent a while figuring out why my LiveCode app on Android wouldn’t install. It was quite odd given that I have compiled and installed other apps from the same machine on the same tablet, but I couldn’t even get an empty card to work. Several pages on the web pointed out that “The package appears to be corrupt” cannot be the case for LiveCode, and I did allow external apps to be installed (otherwise I wouldn’t even get this far).

It turns out that I forgot to set the right key! Of course, once I figured this out, it seemed to obvious, but I needed the setting under “Standalone Application Settings…” to look like this:

I’m putting this out there because none of the pages discussing the “The package appears to be corrupt” error on Android and LiveCode seem to mention this.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.