Here’s a reminder that the third call for exchanges and pilot studies is still open until 15 September 2019.
In this third call, we focus on:
- – The role of limited and contradictory information in decisions to migrate.
- – Aspirations and abilities to migrate, including the nature of different ‘pull’ effects and the choice of destination country and how they change according to context. Includes questions of preparation, anticipation of problems ‘enroute’ and in destination country (e.g. discrimination).
- – Quantitative analysis of Afrobarometer or other suitable data on aspirations and abilities to migrate.
- – Quantitative or experimental analysis of migration decisions when facing limited or contradictory information.
- – Research on the role of trust in migration decisions.
- – Novel research on student migration from Subsaharan Africa to Switzerland and Europe, as a specific motivation to migrate.
You are at the transition from PhD to established researcher: either a late PhD (typically last year), or early postdoctoral researcher (typically first or second year). You are embedded in a university in a Subsaharan African country or in Switzerland, and study human migration in any relevant discipline.