In the context of the NCCR ‘on the move’ we are looking for 1 research assistant to support research on the politicization of immigration in newspapers. We are now looking for a conscientious and reliable research assistant. You should be matriculated at the University of Neuchâtel, and will be expected to work relatively independently. You will search newspapers article in databases and code the contents of these articles following instructions. We offer somewhat flexible working hours (approx. 15h a week) and the ability to carry out some of the work from home. You will also be able to gain some insights in cutting-edge social science research and be part of a highly motivated research team around Prof. Gianni D’Amato. The position starts around 1 December 2018.
Remuneration is based on the payment scales of the University of Neuchâtel: CHF 22.50/h.
• University student at the University of Neuchâtel [essential]
• Read French, German, English, or a combination of these [essential]
• Experience with spreadsheets [essential]
Additional experience required:
• Well organized and able to work independently [essential]
• Reliable and detail-oriented [essential]
• Experience in coding texts (content analysis) [desirable]
• Interest in politics, immigration, or both [desirable]
• Selecting newspaper articles from databases following guidelines
• Coding the contents of newspaper articles following guidelines
• Alert team members of unexpected situations
• Other duties as mutually agreed
How to apply:
Please fill in a short form online at: http://neuchatel.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0d0P5VXOCVe2TI1 and attach your CV to that form.
Closing Date : 11 November 2018
Enquiries: contact Didier Ruedin at email@example.com
Last updated: 25 October 2018