Research assistants (30h+)
We are a team of researchers affiliated to the NCCR ‘on the move’ and the University of Neuchâtel undertaking research on discrimination in Switzerland. To support this research, we are now looking for two or more conscientious and reliable research assistants. You should be matriculated at a Swiss university, and will be expected to work relatively independently. You will use online spreadsheets and will carefully copy and paste information while recording each step carefully. The project will last around 6 months, and we offer flexible working hours (15h a week) and the ability to work from home (using your own computer). You will also be able to gain some insights in cutting-edge social science research. After a successful initial period of 30 hours (two weeks), we will extend your contract. The position starts immediately.
Remuneration is based on the payment scales of the University of Neuchâtel (http://www.unine.ch/srh/assistants-etudiants-personnel-auxiliaire): CHF 22.50/h.
• University student [essential]
• Read and write French, German, Italian, or a combination of these [essential]
• Experience with spreadsheets [essential]
Additional experience required:
• Well organized and able to work independently [essential]
• Reliable and detail-oriented [essential]
• Interest in discrimination, social sciences, or both [desirable]
• Copying and pasting information from spreadsheets following guidelines
• Recording work undertaken
• Alert team members of unexpected situations
• Other duties as mutually agreed
How to apply:
Please send an e-mail to email@example.com with your CV, stating in the e-mail: your motivation to apply for the job in one sentence, the languages you can read and write fluently, the university you are matriculated at, and the number of hours you can work per week.
Closing Date : 10 January 2018
Last updated: 13 December 2017