3 Research Assistants (3 months)
In the context of the NCCR ‘on the move’ we are looking for 3 research assistants to support research on the politicization of immigration in newspapers. We are now looking for three conscientious and reliable research assistants. You should be matriculated at a Swiss university, and will be expected to work relatively independently. You will search newspapers article in databases and code the contents of these articles following instructions. We offer somewhat flexible working hours (15h to 40h a week) and the ability to carry out some of the work from home. You will also be able to gain some insights in cutting-edge social science research. The positions start 1 or 15 September 2018.
Remuneration is based on the payment scales of the University of Neuchâtel (http://www.unine.ch/srh/ assistants-etudiants-personnel-auxiliaire): CHF 22.50/h.
- University student [essential]
- Read French, German, English, Spanish, Dutch, Swedish, Italian, or a combination of these [essential]
- Experience with spreadsheets [essential]
Additional experience required:
- Well organized and able to work independently [essential]
- Reliable and detail-oriented [essential]
- Experience in coding texts (content analysis) [desirable]
- Interest in politics, immigration, or both [desirable]
- Selecting newspaper articles from databases following guidelines
- Coding the contents of newspaper articles following guidelines
- Alert team members of unexpected situations
- Other duties as mutually agreed
How to apply:
Please fill in a short form online at: http://neuchatel.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_cvznLsgJqpr9Dvv and attach your CV to that form.
Closing Date : 10 August 2018
Enquiries: see below for FAQ, or contact Didier Ruedin at email@example.com
Q: Is this position related to existing work?
A. Yes, it’s a follow-up to the SOM project: som-project.eu
Last updated: 12 July 2018