2 Research Assistants “Coders” (30 to 50h)
I am looking for two reliable research assistants to code party manifestos. The research assistants should be current students at the University of the Witwatersrand, and have an interest in political affairs, immigration politics, or both. The research assistants will be expected to work relatively independently, following written instructions. They will manually code party manifestos using different codebooks. The project will last around 30 to 50 hours per coder, which may be extended to related work.
Remuneration will be based on experience and the University payment scales.
– University student in a relevant social science field [essential]
Additional experience required:
– Well organized and able to work independently [essential]
– Interest in political affairs, immigration politics, or both [desirable]
– Experience in coding texts (content analysis) [desirable]
– Coding party manifestos following written instructions
– Other duties as mutually agreed
Fill in the online application form at http://neuchatel.eu.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_cvznLsgJqpr9Dvv ; as part of this application, you will code 6 sentences, which will give you a taste of the work.
This position is now closed.
Last updated: 3 March 2017